ShoutOut is SUPER excited to be partnering with Caoimhe McClafferty, with over ten years experience in the field of programme design and implementation. Through her research and programme development work with the team here at Shout Out we guarantee, fun, interactive workshops that will have a real and lasting impact in the class room. Caoimhe brings so much experience to the table and is helping us ensure that ShoutOut workshops are based on the most up to date research and bring meaningful impact into classrooms. So much so even Olympic diver Tom Daley approves! On completion of the workshop Student participants will be able to:
- List and define the diverse range of words associated with gender and sexuality.
- Recognise some of the challenges faced by LGBT young people.
- State the impact that homophobic language can have.
- Challenge their own prejudices, and that of their classmates, in relation to homophobic bullying.
- Develop strategies for challenging the use of homophobic language.
- Recognise themselves as allies.
- Appreciate diversity and promote equality